InSite Elevation System Requirements
DO NOT INSTALL ON ANY SYSTEM WHICH DOES NOT MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
InSite is an engineering application and is hardware intensive. Best results are achieved with systems built for CAD and Gaming.
- Operating System: Latest production version of 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 or Windows 11. Windows Insider Dev and Beta channels are not supported. Select the system icon in the Windows control panel to check your system specifications.
- Processor: modern Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7 – 2.5-2.9 GHz minimum / 3+ GHz. Recommended application supports multiple processors.
- Memory: 16+ GB minimum RAM. Working with large projects /or importing complex documents (PDF, DWG, etc) will require more RAM
- Mouse: MS-Mouse compliant. Touchpads do not provide suitable precision.
- Internet Connection: A reliable internet connection is required for product activation.
- Two Monitors Recommended: Multiple monitors allow for increased productivity.
- Dedicated GPU/Video Card Recommended: 2GB+ DirectX 12 compliant
Onboard Training Requirements: Handsfree audio phone call source and a quiet workspace is required for the benefit of the student and the instructor to provide an optimal learning environment. Students who fail to meet the above system requirements or don’t have an adequate environment for training will be asked to reschedule their onboard session.
Screen Sharing: InSite’s technicians employ GoToAssist screen sharing technology provided by LogMeIn. This technology allows technicians to troubleshoot computer issues, provide training and help on application issues and job reviews.
Customers that employ security practices that prevent use of this technology limit our ability to help them in a prompt time frame. More information on GoToAssist security and configuration can be found here:
Is InSite Elevation a cloud-based application?
InSite Elevation is currently installed locally with cloud-based licensing which can be checked out for up to 30 days. Details about the licensing are here.
Can I run InSite Elevation in a Virtual Machine (VMWare Desktop/Fusion, Parallels Desktop, Azure Virtual Desktop, VirtualBox etc.)?
We do not support running InSite Elevation or SiteWork on a VM.
InSite is an engineering application and is hardware and graphics intensive. It requires 3D graphics and computational power similar to those found in high end gaming systems.
Running VM software on top of a host operating system means InSite will have only indirect access to storage, memory, and in almost all cases no GPU support from the physical device. This is significantly less performant than a direct installation configured as referenced in the InSite Elevation System Requirements above.
Azure Virtual Desktop specifically introduces additional overhead from remote desktop latency which radically impacts display performance (e.g. zooming, panning, coordinated cursor, etc).
Where should my data files be stored for best performance?
Local files on SSD drives provide much faster performance opening CAD and PDF documents than wired or wireless connections to remote data. For optimal performance when sharing of data is required, we recommend cloud-based data sharing (DropBox, OneDrive, etc.) synchronized to the local hard drive. This provides performance, robust backup and optimal sharing across devices.
If you have questions call 877.746.7483 M-F 8am-4pm EST